Friday, October 2, 2009

My noggin hurts!

So you ever feel like you sinus cavity is filling up like a water balloon? Like maybe it is leading to an imminent explosion of snotty proportions? If not; then you my friend are lucky. I am, however, not so lucky. In fact between my eyes watering and the impending doom of my sinus cavities I haven’t been able to see for the past couple of days.

Anyways, God gave me some great encouragement today. You may be saying “David, God is too important to stoop down and give you some encouragement just because you have a cold.” I disagree I’m God’s little kid, when I’m not feeling well, He wants me to feel better. God is a nurturing God.

Anyways I was having a rough day, and I stumbled across a book by Matt Redman called the Unquenchable Worshipper. I learned something great today, when you’re being crushed, and you are hurting look at God. Don’t look to God in hopes that He will heal you, but look at Him. I promise you when you see God’s glory you realize how insignificant your worries are. “Turn you eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment